It’s a well-known fact that A&W has the best root beer, especially when it’s served in their iconic frosted-glass mug. A&W Canada has proudly served hormone-free beef since 2013 and is making changes to make their classic root beer recipe after a relentless journey to source natural ingredients including:
- Natural Cane Sugar: harvested from the sugar cane plant and identified by its caramel colour, natural cane sugar provides a fruity sweetness and floral aroma.
- Sarsaparilla Root: sarsaparilla is a plant with long vines and edible roots that lends distinct notes of vanilla, caramel and wintergreen.
- Birch Bark: light, fresh yet complex, birch bark brings a subtle earthiness to the smooth, delicious taste offering an almost delicate minty flavour.
- Licorice: natural licorice creates a richness of flavour in every sip with slightly bitter, sweet and spicy undertones.
- Anise: an aromatic spice delivering pleasant characteristics of fennel and tarragon, anise has been enjoyed as far back as ancient Egypt.
“Our customers told us that they want food and drink made with natural ingredients and we’re taking big steps to make it happen,”said A&W Canada’s Tom Newitt. “We’re proud to introduce A&W Root Beer crafted with natural cane sugar and all-natural flavours which is another first for fast food in Canada.”
To make sure everyone tries their frosty mug of natural yumminess, A&W will be giving Canadians FREE root beer on July 22nd also now known as Free Root Beer Day. This freebie will be available all day and no purchase is necessary.
If you fall in love with the new all-natural flavour, you’ll also be able to find it in four-pack glass bottles in the craft soda aisle of grocery stores.
Find your local A&W here and be sure to stop by on July 22nd to try it out yourself.
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.