School is over and summer is here! We’ve got a list of inexpensive things to do in Saskatoon during this hot season! 2021 can be a great one with adventures every day! You won’t have to break the bank with these ideas!
Inexpensive Things to Do in Saskatoon This Summer
- Take a StoryWalk® at Kinsmen Park with the Saskatoon Public Library. Read a story while walking the beautiful paths!
- Why not make a splash at a City of Saskatoon Paddling Pool? These facilities are FREE and come staffed with a summer student who will entertain kids with crafts and games right on-site. With over 30 locations, you’re never far from a paddling pool.
- Noon Tunes are a fun way to spend your lunch hour and are completely free in downtown Saskatoon!
- Hit up a playground in Saskatoon! Scattered throughout the city on school grounds or in public green spaces, there are dozens of awesome playgrounds to choose from in Saskatoon. Play the day away, and don’t spend a penny! Check out our list of Favourite Playgrounds in Saskatoon.
- Make a masterpiece at Saskatoon Community Youth Arts Program. On Tuesdays and Thursdays between 3 pm and 6 pm. SCYAP is open for families to drop in and craft together at no cost! Check out Art in the Park July through August weekdays from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park should not be overlooked when it comes a cheap-ish day out. The zip-line, novelty slides, and sand/splash pad are FREE!
- ‘Spare’ your change with the Kids Bowl Free program! Register with participating local bowling alleys and receive up to 2 games per day for FREE with this program aimed at giving back to kids and communities.
- Grind, drop, and alley-oop at a skateboard park location in Saskatoon. These facilities won’t cost you a dime!
- Art in the Park in Saskatoon is having three Festivals. One in July, one in August, and one in September! It’s free to attend.
- If you’re a family of car enthusiasts, why not attend the Rock 102 Show and Shine in August. It’s FREE to set your sights on the plethora of amazing rides from times past.
- Walk, ride, roll, or stroll the Meewasin Valley Trail. Get your fresh air and exercise and enjoy the sights of our beautiful city on miles and miles of trail that run through the heart of the city and beyond. While there, check out Meewasin Walking Tours!
- Speaking of getting fresh air and exercise, why not branch a little further out and head to Cranberry Flats or Beaver Creek to explore the natural habitat surrounding our great city?!
- Take advantage of the Saskatoon Public Library FREE programming all summer long! Of course, you can always grab a book and just read, but it should also be noted that SPL offers dozens of programs for families.
- Make sure to check out one of the amazing Dog Parks in Saskatoon. They are perfect for a family walk – with your furry pet of course!
- If you think the Remai Modern isn’t in your budget, check it out on Wednesdays! Admission is by Donation Wednesdays at Remai Modern!
- If you’ve got a family of book lovers, make sure to check out some of Saskatoon’s Free Little Libraries. Grab some books you want to exchange, and find a new favourite book.
- Hit up a spray pad with the fam! Cool off with the spray and colourful features of a spray pad in Saskatoon! Check out the pad in Stonebridge or one of the many other locations in the city.
- Check out the Fringe Festival just off Broadway. For the price of tipping a well-deserving street performer, you and your family can enjoy theatre, dancing, crafts, performances, and more at this family-friendly festival.
- Summer in Saskatchewan is not complete without a trip to the lake. The park fee is a small price to pay for beach memories that will last a lifetime! Check out our list of 5 lakes near Saskatoon worthy of a daytrip.
- If you just want a day to spend in air conditioning, check out Family movies at Cineplex. You can’t beat a movie for 3 dollars!
- Take a day to discover our City of Bridges. Exploring the bridges is a great activity and it gives you lots of opportunities to enjoy our beautiful Saskatoon scenery.
- Speaking of bridges, take a day trip outside of Saskatoon to see the Borden Bridge! Take a walk or hike with the family and enjoy the sights.
- Visit the Saskatchewan Railway Museum for just $5 for kids and $7 for adults! Kids under 6 are free.
- Grab a pair of runners and play a good old-fashioned game of soccer in the park, hosted for FREE by Saskatoon Youth Soccer!
- Learn all about the history of Aviation in Saskatchewan at the inexpensive Saskatchewan Aviation Museum on Hangar Road! Kids five and under get in for free!
- Lesser-known but oodles of fun and always FREE… Disc Golf is a great way to get kids on the move in pursuit of a hole in fun!
- BOOSH! It’s always an ACE when you play Tennis for FREE on any of the amazing courts in Saskatoon.
- Wonder in the Park – check out the free program from Wonderhub. It’ll give the little ones a chance to learn and love the nature that surrounds them.
- Go on a river walk, have a picnic, and stop at the playground! Find all this at Gabriel Dumont Park!
- Chill in your own backyard! Everyone deserves it.
Happy Summer to Saskatoon families! Enjoy your time with your kids!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.