If you thinking of planning a vacation to Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe including the U.K., you can now book with confidence. WestJet has partnered with TuGo® Travel Insurance to offer Canadians peace of mind that medical expenses and hospital costs due to COVID-19 will be covered. This additional insurance is being offered free-of-charge and is included with your ticket.
For reservations made on or after September 18, 2020, eligible guests will receive no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance through new partner TuGo®. Offered on any WestJet air-only reservation including WestJet Vacations bookings for travel to and from Mexico, the Caribbean (excluding the U.S.), Europe (including the U.K.) and inbound to Canada. Coverage will be automatically applied at no additional charge to eligible guests at the time of purchase for travel until August 31, 2021, for up to 21 days. One-way travel reservations will also be eligible for coverage for up to seven days.
The Fine Print:
- Emergency medical and hospital costs for outbound travellers if diagnosed with COVID-19 while outside of Canada (excluding the U.S) for up to a maximum limit of $100,000 CAD per insured person.
- Emergency medical and hospital costs for inbound travellers visiting Canada diagnosed with COVID-19 while in Canada up to the maximum limit of $100,000 CAD per insured person.
- Quarantine accommodation costs when the traveller tests positive for COVID-19 on the trip up to $150 CAD per insured person, per day to a maximum of 14 days for inbound and outbound reservations.
- Ambulance transportation and air evacuation costs related to COVID-19, up to the maximum limit of $100,000 CAD per insured person for inbound and outbound guests.
- COVID-19 repatriation costs in case of death of up to $5,000 CAD per insured person for inbound and outbound guests.
- One-way economy airfare for the return of one travelling companion and dependent children when air evacuated back home for treatment.
Not available to residents of Saskatchewan or for travel including cruises. For full coverage details, please visit: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/book-trip/vacation/covid-insurance
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.