It’s time to plan a vacation. You want a nice tropical getaway, an all-inclusive vacation so you can check in for seven nights, your meals and drinks covered, to make it super easy to get into vacation mode.
The all-inclusive vacation where flights, accommodations, transfers, meals and drinks included in one price have become the standard expectation for a tropical and sun-filled holiday. If you head online looking for an all-inclusive vacation, you will see plenty of packages available for Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Vacation starts the minute you board your plane, and once you arrive at your resort, you never have to leave. The resorts are the destination filled with all the activities, dining experiences and entertainment to keep you busy so that you don’t have to leave the property. And most encourage you to stay on the grounds unless you book a guided excursion to get off the resort to explore your vacation destination safely and securely.
So you think that you want to head to a beautiful Hawaii all inclusive, right? That should be easy! Once you start looking, you realise that the task at hand might be a bit harder than initially thought. All inclusive resorts in Hawaii are hard to find, because they don’t exist! Well, not exactly in the way that you may be accustomed.
The Hawaiian Islands are comprised of mostly four islands travellers can visit – Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Hawaii Island (The Big Island) and the smaller lesser known islands of Molokai and Lanai. The islands are safe and filled with culture, natural beauty and adventure just waiting for travellers to explore and experience.
There is no “standard” vacation to Hawaii. Each island has a different personality and depending on the length of vacation, some travellers may choose to “island-hop” to experience more than one island in one trip. A Hawaii vacation is completely customizable to the traveller and the island becomes the destination, rather than the resort.
But for travellers who are looking for all-inclusive experiences in Hawaii, there are a few resorts that offer breakfast included, resort credit, and a large choice of dining and entertainment experiences to mimic an “all-inclusive” experience so that you don’t have to leave the resort to enjoy a full vacation experience.
- Offers entertainment and activities including the Legends of Hawaii Luau and Dolphin Quest.
- Pools, lagoons, beach and golf, tennis, daily fitness classes available
- Tram rides for a cruise around the resort
- Rent a bicycle
- Breakfast included or daily resort credit
- Waikiki Starlight Luau
- Fitness classes including body sculpting, yoga or tai chi classes
- Cultural activities including hula, ukulele lessons
- Movie nights under the stars
- Daily ceremonial torch lighting procession of the Polynesian warriors emerging at sunset.
- No resort fee
- Can book room rate with breakfast or receive a resort credit
- Myths of Maui Luau
- Tennis, golf, fitness centre, beach
- Scuba lessons, beach yoga, botanical tour, cultural
- Hawaiian outrigger canoe experience
- The Grand Luau at Honua-ula
- Golf, guided kayak tours, stand up paddle excursions, paddleboard lessons
- Breakfast included or resort credit
- Golf, scuba lessons
- Wildlife walk, hydroponic garden tour
- Fresh flower lei making, ukulele lessons, orchid flower jewellery
- Yoga, aerobics, pilates, beach body boot camp, Zumba, HIIT
Another great way to experience all of the islands in an all-inclusive experience is on a cruise aboard the Norwegian Pride of America, the only roundtrip cruise that sails year-round in Hawaii that visits all of the islands. The Pride of America is a 7-night cruise starting in Honolulu and visits each of the islands spending two nights on each island. Your cabin fare includes your accommodations and meals onboard the ship, providing an almost all-inclusive experience.
If you want an all-inclusive experience including flights, accommodations, meals and transfers, it’s best to seek out a travel agency or supplier who can custom build the travel experience for you in one neat package specifically designed for you.
Hawaii is unlike Mexico and the Caribbean, and the islands are ripe for adventure and exploration. Travellers are encouraged to get off the beaten path and explore the beauty of the islands and experience the culture and hospitality of the locals without any fear of safety or security.
There is no shortage of travellers visiting Hawaii each year. As one of the most aspirational vacation destinations in the world, and the highest number of repeat visitors each year, simply put, Hawaii doesn’t “need” to have all-inclusive resorts. The experience of Hawaii is enough to draw visitors time and time again.